I have been going to school for seven or eight weeks now. I have learned many valuable things. But some things I have not learned in school.
Learning can be done anywhere: from good books, bad books, good radio, bad radio etc.
When I come home, I have three minutes to switch gears from "SuperStudent" to "SuperMom\AmazingWife."
I love the look on my husband's face when I come home from school.
God is a Capitalist.
A capitalist is a person who lives according to true principles.
* Principle 1: God is the author of prosperity
* Principle 2: Faith begins with self-interest
* Principle 3: Agency implies stewardship
* Principle 4: Perspective determines action
* Principle 5: People are assets
* Principle 6: Human life value is the source and creator of all property value
* Principle 7: Dollars follow value
* Principle 8: Exchange creates wealth
* Principle 9: Profit is the tool of validation
* Principle 10: Productivity is the standard
* Principle 11: Force destroys freedom and prosperity
* Principle 12: Collective action has no unique moral authority
* Principle 13: Personal liberty requires private property
Satan is a Socialist.
A socialist is a person who violates true principles to achieve their goals.
God uses exchange, stewardship, persuasion.
Satan uses deception, force, coercion.
I am a Capitalist.
I am where I am in life because I have either abided by or violated principle.
The Law of Consecration is not the same as Communism, it is Capitalism with a heart.
I have been mentally lazy.
I have been unwilling to face my self-doubt.
If I want to prosper, I need to accept responsibility. For everything that is my responsibility.
I am not responsible for another person's life happiness.
I miss the Nelsons.
I miss board games and card games.
I am unhappy when I choose to be a victim.
"Mopey" doesn't mean "sad."
Caleb is a good listener, especially when I don't think he's listening.
14k gold necklaces are breakable.
Most Latter-day Saints that I know talk like victims and behave like socialists - but I don't think they know it.
I believe in sharing my beliefs with people I love.
There are some days wearing your hair in braids feels really great.
I don't like getting mass "FWD" emails. Especially ones that insult women "as a joke" or insult men "as a joke" or question my faith in my Brother and Savior Jesus Christ because I won't forward it to 9 other people in the next ten minutes.
I am willing to apologize. Even to my son.
I am willing to endure a bit of pain for a greater lifetime of happiness. (ever been on a "decompressor?")
I have a herniated disk in my neck.
This was most likely caused by stress.
I don't handle stress the way I used to.
I am good at mass-tasking.
I am not good about getting the laundry put away.
I am going to Girls Camp this year!
Sometimes tough love is the best love.
Sometimes squishy, lovey, gooey, cuddly, weepy love is the best love.
I miss theater, but not enough.
I create my life.
I create my happiness.
I am fundamentally happy, and have every right to be 'mopey' from time to time.
But not today.