Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

(photo courtesy of Wildbound)
1. What songs/books from your childhood are the most meaningful to you now and why?
Books: Bridge to Teribithia, The Druid's Gift, and Redwall. If we are going off of Elementary School.
Bridge was the first book that i connected with emotionally; I actually started sobbing in class as we read it aloud.
Druid was the first one I remember reading all by myself, and I began to really imagine being an author.
Redwall because i remember my teacher reading it to us in class.
Songs: "Did your mother come from Ireland," "Somewhere Out There," "Kokomo" and "On My Own."
Ireland because it's the first song I remember my mother singing to me.
Somewhere because I was not born a good singer, and one night when I was doing the dishes I started singing this. My mom came upstairs and said, "I thought it was Jeff." Then I knew there was hope for me.
Kokomo because the four kids were going to sing it for a talent competition, and I remember my dad teaching us dance moves and all.
On my Own because i listened to it alot.

2. If you didn’t have the constraints of family, work, and time what would you love to be doing now with your life?
If I didn't have constraints of time, my children would be teenagers and we would all travel together. I'd also spend my days writing, doing theater with Muad'Dib and watching my children do what they enjoyed. I'd also be living in Afton, Wyo in the house we would build on the site of the old Homestead. My fondest wish is to someday have a home of our own where many children come and play while I'm cooking and talking and laughing with the children and their parents.

3. Who did you have the biggest crush on in middle school/junior high - celebrity or real life?
Celebrity: Jonathon Brandis (The Neverending story II)
Real Life: Tyson Skeen, Brock Blake and Cade Boyer.

4.What is something you can’t seem to keep yourself from purchasing?
Things on sale. Interesting journals or blank books.

5. What, specifically, have you done in your life that you are the most proud of?
Married Muad'Dib, successfully carried two children to term who are even now healthy and basically happy, made 12 sword frogs from nothing more than a picture, directed Much Ado About Nothing in High School, hiking the Narrows (granted, I didn't know what I was getting into), hiking to the Meadows on Timp, hiking Subway and much more, actually. Yay me!

4 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Always good to know a bit more about you. Thanks for sharing. I never would have guessed you weren't always a great singer.

Sayyadina said...

Thanks. I'm blushing. Actually, I couldn't sing a two notes together on pitch until I was twelve.

CowboyBob said...

Whatever you were, you are a phenominal singer now.

Desertbound said...

Amen to that!