Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A fond farewell

I hate to admit it, but the time has come and it must be faced: I have grown up. Well, at least grown out of the need for stuffed animals, no matter the emotional attachments to them. So, in stead of holding onto them, I have taken a few parting pictures, and will send them to DI for another generation of children to hopefully enjoy.
This is Slither. A puppet my parents gave me for Christmas. My other siblings got bug puppets . . . I don't know why I got a snake. Pretty cool, though, huh?
Ellie the Elephant was a gift from my sister. I think I was nine.
Lucky the Lion came in a balloon the summer I broke my ankle. With it was a card from my parents: "We hope you get well soon. We're not "lion!"" Corny . . . but adorable.

River came outside with me to take these pictures, and stared playing with the other animals we had accumulated. Then she stood up!
She's holding "Pap Freed" the bear, beaming in her glory!

"Now you listen to me, Mr. Bear." Looks a little intent, doesn't she?

And then there were a few picture moments with Mommie.
Good times. Good times.

6 comments:

ValReis said...

A Grace é uma gracinha.

Fedaykin said...

I am also trying to de-junk my life. But if the day ever comes that I consider sending Mr. Bear away... I will fall on my sword.

Sayyadina said...

"This is an honorable death." I didn't say I sent away my Mr. Bear . . . Greyling still hides away in the cedar chest until I can trust Rivulet not to tear his ears off . . .

CowboyBob said...

I remember my childhood stuffed animal with fondness: one white and black teddy bear. And the bride doll, of course.

WildBound said...

Great idea, taking pictures of the items that hold your memories. I will go and do likewise...

DreamPacker said...

you may want to consider a new home for some of the best at the Mountain Road Ranch Loft.