Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Over the Desert and through the Heat,

With Wildbound I go. I have spent the last few days mentally preparing to head off to Lake Powell with Wildbound, DreamPacker, Trailblazer Bob, Pocketmouse, NAM, Lemur, Rivulet, DesertBound, and her two kidlets. (I just wanted to have all the cool blog names in a row like that.)
It's not all that easy to mentally prepare for the unknown. Especially because it is in my nature to preplan my experience on any trip or day. Call it "imaging" if you will, so that I basically know what to expect.
But I've never been to this puddle in the middle of the southern Utah desert. I've never seen a houseboat, let alone been on one for five days. I've never tested my children on a seven hour car ride! So, I have two choices,
a. Worry and fret that I will forget something or something will go wrong and we're all going to die, or at least have a bugger of a mosquito bite, or
b. Allow my more positive nature to emerge and welcome this new adventure with open arms, for the first time in many years experiencing something not partially or sort-of new, but "All-The-Way-Holy-Cow-I-Never-Could-Have-Imagined-Something-this-great" New.

And the votes are in. B is the answer. All out excitement for the new and unknown it will be. And if any of you know me at all, ya know I can do it. I can overcome my fears and insecurities:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. "

And to Muad'Dib who remains behind to work and maintain progress on the house that is almost ours: I love you, my sweet seductive honeyspeckled Love Muffin. Enjoy your manly alone time. Keep your Lazer Tag scores so I can see how awesome you are!

No comments: